Thursday, March 8, 2018

All Natural Laundry Soap


This time last year, within the throws of infertility treatments- my body and soul began craving a simpler way of life. So many unnatural things were happen to my body that I craved the pureness that comes with a "Free and Clean" lifestyle.

Shortly after, I was introduced to a Free App called Think Dirty which has made our Free & Clear journey much easier! The concept of the app is to rate the ingredients that makes up said household product on a toxicity scale of 1-10. The app also simplifies the ingredient language by calling out known health risks associated to each ingredient.

In researching- many of the products we were using had known infertility side effect. While I am not saying that our old cleaning products made me infertile- I am saying when you know better. . . you do better! Our skin is our largest Organ. It only takes 20 seconds for the chemicals that come in contact with our skin to be absorbed into our blood stream. Those 2 facts alone were enough for me to "Do Better" for my family and I.



One of the first things I purified was our laundry routine and after a year of R & D I am excited to share the recipe with you!

Ingredients:
2 C. Washing Soda- Used as the main cleaning agent
2 C. Baking Soda- Acts as a whitener
1 Bar of Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap- Used as a secondary cleaning agent + scent
1 Bar of Fels-Naptha- Acts as the stain remover

Optional:
2 C. Epson Salt- Acts as a fabric softener
5-10 drops of  Essential Oil - Used for Scent only

1. Cube your bar soap into small pieces with a kitchen knife


2. Add cubed bar soap and the other ingredients into a food processor and pulse until an even powder. Store in an airtight container and use 2-3 Tbsp per load



No comments:

Post a Comment