Wednesday, May 23, 2012

T Shirt Produce Bags

So with James moving to Texas in 3 weeks, I thought it MAY be a good idea to go through the house and make some room for his things! I started with the area that I dreaded the most. . .THE CLOSET! Turns out, I have managed to hold onto a ton of Northern sweaters that I will never need in Texas.

About 6 months ago, I turned all of my hanger around backwards and swore to myself that at the end of 6 months, if the hanger had not been turned the correct way when doing laundry that I would donate the clothes. Little did I know that this project would be a double win! First win. . .My clothes are only occupying exactly 1/2 of the closet! Win #2. . . I got to take some of my old t shirts that I was going to be donating and turn them into something exciting. . . Anyone ever thought of transforming t shirts into reusable produce bags?!?!

Delia Creates: How To Link
 I found a wonderful blog thanks to Pinterest where she did just that! Click on the link below the picture to see how she did them! It was soooooo easy! I think I made 5 in less than 15 min :)

Note to those are going to make these!

I did not do any kind of fancy stitching like she showed, I just cut out my shape and sewed the 3 sides shut using a normal stitch. Mine have held up just fine!





No comments:

Post a Comment